We’ve watched Liz Salcedo raise over $100k for her brilliant invention, Everpurse, an iPhone recharging clutch.
Sylvia and Cheryl with Bia-Sport raised over $400k for their sleek new multi-sport watch.
Monisha Perkash raised over $200k for LUMOback, a revolutionary posture sensor and mobile app.
If you’re considering crowdfunding to finance your startup or small business - the first place to start is doing your research (and we’re all about making this easier for you) so we’ve rounded up the following curated lists and step by step guides to help you execute a successful crowdfunding campaign.
Top 10 Crowdfunding Platforms For Small Business and Startups - TriplePundit curated by Kara Scharwath
Step by Step Guide On Crowdfunding For Small Businesses, a 3-part series on American Express.
We found this Crowdfunding Series on American Express, published by Joshua Molen, super helpful with its step by step guide on how to research, plan and execute a successful crowdfunding campaign.
Crowdfunding For Small Businesses Pt. 1: Is Crowdfunding A Viable Option for Small Businesses?
In Part 1 of the series, Joshua Molen covers:
- What crowdfunding is and the four main types
- How the JOBS Act will change crowdfunding in the U.S.
- The pros and cons of crowdfunding vs. traditional financing
In Part 2 of the series, Joshua covers the following areas to help you get your piece of the crowdfunding pie.
- Identify your target market and your ideal backer. Find out what their fears, frustrations, and ambitions are.
- Study the 10 most successful crowdfunding pitches on Kickstarter. Then find the 10 most successful projects in your particular industry.
- Create a budget to determine a realistic monetary goal.
- The elements you need for a perfect video and written pitch.
- Choose the right crowdfunding site for your projects
In Part 3 of the series, Joshua covers:
- What to do immediately after your campaign ends
- How to deliver the rewards you promised to your backers
- How to turn your idea into a viable business